2017 QSS Officials
The second round of applications are now closed for all remaining vacant Queensland School Sport Team Official positions for 2017.
Second round vacancies are:
- 12yrs Boys
Australian Football Manager
- 12yrs Boys
- 19yrs Boys
Hockey Manager (NZ Tour)
- 19yrs Boys Hockey Coach (NZ Tour)
- 18yrs Surfing
Coach (male applicants only)
Girls Volleyball (Malaysia Tour) (female applicants only)
Please see below for further information.
Application forms and documents
Please click on the links below to download information, documents and application forms (Forms A & B must both be completed).
Conditions of appointment
- Preference should be given to suitably qualified, practicing, registered teachers. Non-teacher officials must provide evidence of holding a current Blue Card.
- At least one official appointed to each team must be a registered teacher.
- At least one of the team officials must be of the same gender as the members of the team.
- The Queensland coach should possess at least a current Level 1 Coaching Accreditation, further qualifications may be required depending on sport specific competition procedures.
- All team officials must possess a current First Aid / Sports Medicine and CPR qualification.
General appointment process for QSS positions
Applications open - forms will become available
on the QSS website and distributed to all RSSO's and committee executives.
application Forms A & B (Form A must be signed by
the applicant and school principal) are to be emailed to the Sport
Committee Secretary before the closing date. Please send these as two
separate documents / files.
- All applications
must be received by the due date. Late applications will not be considered.
Committee Executive members review all applications for endorsement based on their
sport specific and QSSMG competition procedures and forward to QSS.
- Distribution of ballot papers and application Form B only (please note no supporting
documents will be forwarded) to the RSSO's and sport
committee executives via email for voting.
- All ballot papers are to be returned via email to the respective Queensland School Sport Officer as per
the details on each ballot paper.
- Results of the ballot to be sent to all applicants via email and published on the website.
Subsequent appointments to fill vacancies:
When an elected official resigns, the returning officer will appoint the next ranked available reserve official from the original ballot result. If a reserve official is not available, then an appointment is made as is stated below.
When no applications have been received for an advertised position, the Executive of the sport specific committee and a QSS officer may appoint a suitably qualified official to fill the vacancy.